Tuesday, October 10, 2006

To the people in my life who remain nameless.

There are a lot of people I interact with on a daily basis who remain faces without names to me. The odd thing is that I have a strange relationship with these people and I know they have names. These people know all sorts of little details about me that a lot of people wouldn't know. True it may be their job to know these details, but in their own way they make my every day life better. Here is to the people in my life without names.

To the 2 girls and a guy at Dean & Deluca that know I want a alto cafe au lait with skim milk and a blueberry bagel.


To the various servers at the Original Pancake House that can almost write the order before we sit down: chocolate chip pancakes for Daniel and eggs, bacon, pancakes and sometimes a coffee for me.


To the crew that works at the YMCA deli that knows I like the BLT on honey wheat and gives me a hard time if I don't come in for a while.


To the teenager at McCallister's Deli who shamelessly flirts when I go to lunch with my co-workers and gives everyone a hard time.


To the guy with the funny bow-tie at Lowe's that knows that Daniel is going to hunt him down and ask him 500 questions about plumbing or electrical or any number of things (and then has sympathy on me for having to listen to their long dialogue). To the guys at the paint counter who answered my every question and also made me 10+ different kinds of paint.


To the girl at O'Charleys who is FINALLY figuring out that we are NOT going to order margarhitas or dessert. She probably thinks we are cheap, what she doesn't know is that we eat out for almost every meal.


To the older gentleman at Harris Teeter sandwich line who knows I like Philly Cheese Steak on wheat with cheese and onions only.


I could probably go on and on, but you get the picture. These are the people that I appreciate and that make me feel special b/c they notice when I haven't been around, they give me a hard time when I change it up and they are always happy to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...