Thursday, January 18, 2007

The 80s


I love 80s music. I love 80s movies. I love candy and toys that remind me of the 80s. After all I was a child in the 80s. But 80s fashion continues to befuddle me.


Last night I attended a 25th anniversary bash that honored Ron and Dana with an 80s theme to commemorate their marriage during the 80s. The party was a blast. The outfits and makeup were over the top. The music was awesome. 


But the thing that amazes me most is how easy it was to shop for this party and how 80s fashion seems to be making a comeback in current fashion. While shopping, I actually saw teenagers in the store with tight-rolled jeans and pony tails sticking off the side of their head... can this be for real? Is the awful fashion sense of the 80s REALLY making a comeback? The 80s and early 90s will always be bizarre to me: hammer pants, tight rolled jeans, over-sized shirts, weird use of colors. Heavy, bright make up. Big hair...
 

Enough about my thoughts on current fashion. The party was a lot of fun. I was even convinced to karaoke and to dance. I am a terrible dancer and I have a great fear of singing in front of people. But karaoke-ing with a group didn't turn out to be so bad.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...