Friday, January 26, 2007

Home Alone

I have to be honest and say that my first two days working from home were terrible. Granted I had plenty of things to do, but I just felt so lonely. When I decided to quit my "real" job I did not consider the social ramifications of no longer having friends sitting next to me.

This week I took stock of the situation and went to great efforts to make sure that I got out of the house and interacted with people. I managed to have lunch with someone different 3 out of 5 days this week. I also went to the Y every day to work out. So I definitely have not felt as lonely.


The best news is that 1) it looks like
Ethos3 Communications could take off very soon which means I could start getting paid and 2) I have had a lot of really promising contacts that I have begun to do freelance work for. This includes 2 local real estate agents, a screen printing company in Rosebud (thanks Mark Adams), a publishing company in Nashville and most recently I have been contacted by a local community church to discuss some freelance work they need done. This is all extremely good because Daniel informed me that I had to earn $1K a month to keep us from going bankrupt (no pressure).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...