Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Grocery Shopping Tirade

Here’s the thing: I love lists and there are parts of my life in which I cannot function without a list.

Grocery shopping is one of those areas. I plan out my meals for the week. I compose a list of grocery items I will need from the store. To Daniel’s annoyance, I will ONLY buy what is on my list. I go through the store methodically. And then when I go to check out I organize my items on the conveyor belt as to how I think they should be put in the bag. Whether the items go into the bag in the right way is up to the cashier. Seven times out of ten, the cashier bags it wrong (at least according to my standards).


It is particularly frustrating when I go to all of this effort and they combine items in strange ways such as vegetables with frozen foods or worse bread or eggs with something heavy! It really makes me mad if they overload my bags and the bags break before I can get them from my car to my kitchen.


I am not sure why I have to be so compulsive about my list and grocery process but it really drives me CRAZY when I go to all of the trouble of organizing my items and they get haphazardly bagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...