Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What are your strengths?


I just finished reading Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado and Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham. Both turned out to be similar books. Max Lucado discusses discovering and living in your sweet spot while Marcus Buckingham focuses on the need to discover your strengths and to continually improve on them and to worry less about your weaknesses.

I took the
strenghsfinder test where I discovered my top 5 strengths to be: Strategic, Ideation, Input, Achiever & Self-Assurance. It was pretty interesting to discover what my strengths are - I definitely relate to all of these.

Max Lucado discusses thinking about your S.T.O.R.Y. to discover the things that you truly love by looking back at your life. Strengths - things you excel at. Topics - things you love. Optimal Conditions - what gets you started and keeps you going. Relationships - role you play. Yes! - what feels the most satisfying.


I would definitely recommend both of these books - they give good incite into who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...