Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Disappointed with FedEx

Generally I am pretty happy with shipping things via FedEx. I even have a local FedEx-Kinkos that I really love and use regularly. Unfortunately I just had a pretty bad experience with FedEx and I need to vent about it.

I was supposed to receive a package overnight from Nashville. It was supposed to get here today by 2 p.m. Well the delivery guy read the address wrong and delivered the package across the street. Somehow we figured out the mistake, but by the time we asked the neighbor, he had taken it to my beloved FedEx-Kinkos that is less than 5 minutes away.


So I just called that FedEx-Kinkos to see if they had it and when it would be delivered or if I could run out and pick it up. They were totally clueless and said to call the 1-800 number.


I called that number and talked to a Roberto and he said that since it had been delivered and accepted by the recipient that they could not re-deliver it and I would have to go pick it up. Well where the heck is the package? Somehow it is now in Pineville, NC which is a good 30 minute drive for me.


Do I have any guarantee that it will be there tomorrow? Well NO you just have to show up with a photo ID and tracking number. Why can't they redeliver since THEY screwed up? Because policy is that they only deliver once.


Do you have any idea how FedEx delivers? They drop it at your door, they don't even knock. You are not even given the chance to tell them it is wrong in the first place! So now I may or may not get a package that I really needed by TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...