Friday, April 20, 2007

In A Fix

This is in reference to the TLC show In A Fix. There are days that I feel that I am in a fix and need some magic team of people to come in and finish my renovation in a weekend.

The problem with being young, impetuous and naive is that you launch into renovating your house 20 months ago (was it really that long ago?) and now you find yourself still putting the pieces back together.


I feel in like I am in limbo. I want to spend my weekends backpacking and mountain biking. I need to be spending my weekends renovating but I find myself actually doing things like going to the movies, yard and house work. While my hobbies and renovations lay untouched.


It is amazing how your view of normal can change. Currently my normal is a house without baseboards, with exposed electric sockets, a gutted master bathroom and an unfinished basement.


If only a 60-minute tv show were the real cure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...