Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Boundaries


our life group is currently reading a book called, Boundaries. in general i have felt that i do a good job at setting boundaries but this week i realized that as a freelancer where designing is my livelihood, i CANNOT take every little project that people what me to do for free, even if it is for a good cause. i just did 5 pro bono assignments in less than 2 weeks - what was i thinking??? i just had to tell someone from my church that i have created a new boundary that means that i only do 1 pro bono project per month (which is really covered by the committee I am volunteering on) and after my quota is full, i will CHARGE... anyways, that is my rant for the day. i have to take care of myself and that means getting paid for what i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...