Monday, May 21, 2007

Friday AM

I just finished my vanilla latte and piece of banana loaf from Starbucks and I am waiting on Daniel to give me a call to come pick him up. I would much rather be waiting at Starbucks than to be at the dentist like Daniel is. We are headed to Tennessee for the weekend to see Angela and Robert one last time before they leave for Zambia – also to give them our backpacks for traveling. With gas reaching $3.10/gallon, this weekend will probably be our last traveling weekend until my family reunion in August…

It is so odd to me that I can be sitting outside of Starbucks, enjoying one of the many fountains in Charlotte, while picking up internet from Stool Pidgeons. I love that I can conduct my business pretty much anywhere – coffee shops, my home office, my bed, at client’s offices, etc.


My favorite is meeting a client for coffee. This gets me out of my home office and interacting with real people. I try to avoid working from bed, but I broke down and designed a set of symbols while in bed yesterday because I am fighting a cold and just didn’t feel like getting up. So even though I didn’t feel good, I was still productive.


It is odd how my confidence with freelancing cycles. Most days I feel good about my business. I am slowly, but surely growing it. Other days I wonder what the heck I am doing and that maybe I should rejoin the “real world.” The only problem with the “real world” is that I don’t really fit into that mold. Maybe no one does, but we all keep trying to force ourselves to fit the mold…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...