Friday, May 25, 2007

Race Week

This week is RACE WEEK in Charlotte. So all (or most) race fans are gathered in the city of Charlotte for good music, bands, race cars in the streets and a big party every night uptown for the week.

Daniel says that uptown has been a mad-house all week and that when he left at noon to come home today, the air smelled like beer.


Anyways, we too will join the frenzy tonight when we brave the crowds to go see Better Than Ezra at 10:15. We have gone to a portion of RACE WEEK every year that we have been here.


It is really strange b/c uptown Charlotte is the ultra-conservative place where you only see people in suits, but during RACE WEEK, all sorts of people come out of the woodwork (granted they are not your typical Charlotteans) and it is definitely an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...