Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Connectivity at McAlister's Deli

Thank goodness for free wireless internet at McAlister's Deli! I was supposed to meet with a potential client at 3:30 and she called to tell me she was 45 minutes away and did I mind waiting?!?

Well, I hate to leave b/c the meeting is a good 30+ minutes from my house, so I said, "No problem, I will see you in 45 minutes." So I went to McAlister's, purchased myself a LARGE sweet tea for $1.80 and am enjoying air conditioning, sweet tea AND free internet.


It drives me nuts when I go places like Starbucks and they want to charge for internet. What is up with that? I would much rather go somewhere that is going to provide the service for free.


So I am sitting here, killing time, surfing the internet, waiting for my meeting.


Maybe I should be trying to figure out where we are going to go camping this weekend. We are driving up to Damascus, VA so that we can bike the Virginia Creeper trail on Saturday. Most people get a shuttle to the top and "coast" the 17 miles back to town. We are going to ride up and then ride down. It is a 17 mile hill. Daniel thinks it will take us less than 3 hours to get to the top - I am not so sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...