Monday, May 14, 2007

Dave Ramsey

Last Thursday I had the privelege of attending a Dave Ramsey, Total Money Make-Over Seminar in Birmingham, Alabama. My husband and I have read some of Dave Ramsey's books and when we lived in Tennessee, we would periodically listen to or watch his show. 
 
We had never heard him live, so we were unsure of what to expect. Right before the 3-hour seminar started, by husband leaned over and whispered that he hoped this wouldn't be a bunch of motivational mumbo-jumbo.

This turned out to be one of the best seminars I have ever sat through. Dave had us laughing the entire time. He has this way of walking around on stage and making you wait for the punch line. The entire audience related well. He spoke to the difference between husband's and wives when it comes to money. I found myself periodically nudging my husband. With clips of baby steps from "What About Bob" thrown in for good measure, it was hard to miss any of his points.

From a design perspective, I didn't feel that Mr. Ramsey had the best slides, but he had something better - a powerful message and a charismatic way of delivering. If you have never heard Dave Ramsey speak, I would highly recommend him. He is a great speaker and he has a topic that most American need to hear - he conveys a good "one-size-fits-most" message to people trying to get out of debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...