Thursday, April 26, 2007

Facebook

Yesterday I was at Barnes & Noble, waiting in line for my coffee at Starbucks and I noticed the magazine Fast Company on the rack. I picked it up, flipped through it and came to an article about Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook. It turns out Mark Zuckerberg is a hacker turned dropout turned CEO. Being a young entrepreneur myself, it doesn't get any more inspirational than that. 
 
What amazed me the most about Mark's story was that it has been reported that Yahoo! came calling with a $1 BILLION offer and Mark turned it down. The article quotes Mark as saying, "I'm here to build something for the long term. Anything else is a distraction." Is he just crazy or does he actually have some character? Or maybe he is holding out for the really big money. I'm a just amazed that a guy in his early 20's would be able to turn down an offer of this magnitude! 

I am an avid Facebook user. It keeps me connected to friends and colleagues. In this busy world, it is refreshing to be able to be a few clicks away from friends. I encourage you to read the entire article by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...