Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Families of Abraham


There are three billion people in the world - Jews, Christians, and Muslims - that claim the same Abraham as a spiritual ancestor. Earlier this year, I had the privelege of seeing the exhibit, Families of Abraham at the Levine Museum of the New South.


This exhibit is a photographic narrative that follows the lives of eleven different Jewish, Christian and Muslim families who reside in the Charlotte area. The exhibit documents the different lives and faith practices of each family. Through photographs and words, a person viewing this exhibit receives a greater understanding of the interconnection as well as the differences in these three world religions.


The exhibit will continue to be on display until July 31, 2007. If you are in Charlotte, NC, I would highly recommend taking a moment to check out this exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...