Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It is okay to stumble.

Recently in my step aerobics class, I decided that it was about time for me to increase the intensity of my workout. So I decided to increase my step from my regular 6” to 8”. In theory this was a good idea. I work out regularly and I need to take it to the next level. Well the reality was that about half-way through the class, when I was getting tired, I stumbled and actually missed the step and started to fall. I was able to recover without actually falling, but not before others noticed and twisting my ankle in the process. A couple of people stopped their workout to ask me if I was okay but most people just kept on doing what they were doing, ignoring what had happened to me. I was able to get back on my step and finish the class, even though I felt a bit clumsy and foolish.
"You may fall or stumble and if you are lucky, someone will be there to give you a helping hand or to offer encouragement."




This experience got me to thinking about life. There are times that you will take risks or you decide to try something that is new or out of your comfort zone. You might accept a new job or decide to quit a current job to pursue your own thing. You may make design, marketing or business decisions that don’t go the way you anticipate. You may fall or stumble and if you are lucky, someone will be there to give you a helping hand or to offer encouragement. More likely than not, the earth will keep spinning and most people will keep doing what they do. The good news is that it is okay to stumble. You might even learn something from it. The best thing you can do is to get back on your feet and keep trying.

Blogging is fairly new to me, so I may stumble. Hopefully I will always keep trying. I would like to use this blog to share my views and thoughts about design and life in general. I hope that you can learn from my ideas and that you will teach me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...