Friday, June 01, 2007

Meeting at City Club

So I am not really a "country club" kind of girl. In fact I sometimes wonder how I get by in Charlotte where it is common for people to live in million dollar homes and drive expensive cars. I actually had a meeting on Tuesday with a stylist to do some graphic design for - I am not exactly stylish so I am not sure what she thought of me.

Anyways, last night I had a dinner meeting at City Club in Uptown Charlotte. I have only been to City Club once before and that was for a company Christmas party. The restaurant is at the top of one of the buidlings Uptown. The view of the city is great, even at night, and the food was delicious. I definitely felt out of my element though.


When I drove Uptown last night to the meeting, nobody had told me that the center of Uptown would be closed since they are setting the streets up for "A Taste of Charlotte" and City Club was right in the middle of all of the chaos. I could not get to the appropriate parking garage and had to park 2 city blocks away at the Dublin Hotel. I had assumed I would be able to park in the building and did not wear appropriate shoes. So now both of my feet have blisters from the extra walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...