Saturday, June 02, 2007

NoDa Gallery Crawl

Last night Daniel surprised me by taking me to the Gallery Crawl in NoDa. On the first and third Friday of every month, all of the local art galleries open their doors after hours so that you can come in and see the art.

NoDa is a historic area that has been transformed into the arts district. It is very bohemium. Charlotte is basically a pretty city, so occasionally it is nice to go somewhere that has a little flare. NoDa reminds me a lot of Asheville, NC.


Visiting art galleries is not Daniel's favorite thing to do, but there were some pretty cool metal sculptures and turned wood pieces that he appreciated. In one gallery we found a bust and a life-size golfer made completely out of rusted washers and nuts that had been welded together. In another gallery we found some sculptural pieces made out of car parts. Another gallery had a bench that had been made out of one piece of wood with excellent craftsmandship. So overall we both had a good time.


Afterwards, we came home, watched a movie and fell asleep on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...