Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Solstice

When Daniel and I were at Harding and first dating, we spent many dates outdoors at parks lying on Daniel's camouflaged blanket under the stars, discussing our lives. Those are very cherished moments. Other than camping, it has been some time since we have enjoyed laying under the stars, talking and dreaming about life.

Today is the summer solstice, the longest day of the year. We celebrated by going to Bruster's Ice Cream shop where we split an brownie fudge sundae. Afterward we came home and were sitting in the twilight in the car, watching the stars come out and I suggested that we go lay under the stars in the back yard. I had forgotten what it feels like to lay under the expanse of sky, staring out at the universe thinking about life.


We listened to the sounds of night and watched as daylight faded and moonlight took over and the lightening bugs emerged. It is so nice to have your own personal back yard to lay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...