Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tired

I am so tired. I was up this morning at 6:30 for a 7:30 breakfast meeting with a local graphic designer who has been in the industry here for over 20 years. I really pumped him with a lot of questions regarding running my freelance business. It is wonderful to have a resource to ask all of my questions to. I am learning though, that even though he is offering some great advice, I am a different person than him and will choose to do things differently. This is kind of like being taught a certain way to do things by your parents or someone else that you look up to. But as you grow and mature, you will adapt their teachings to suit you. You may not do things exactly the same way, but that is what is so great about God making us individuals. We ended up having a 2.5 hour discussion and I still have many questions. Hopefully we will get together again soon.

I officially got my business license today. It was a lot less painful than I anticipated. I had been putting it off for some time. I went right before lunch and didn't have to wait in a single line. It was great! I went in, signed my paperwork, wrote a couple of checks and presto change-o I am officially legal to run my own business.


Since I was uptown already, I met Daniel for lunch. That was a nice treat.


On a random side note, I was in Wal Mart this afternoon doing my grocery shopping and there was this grown woman wondering through the aisles calling out "Ma" and "Mama." It was very odd. At first I thought she was a teenager, but she was definitely 10+ years older than me. Maybe her mother got lost???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...