Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Coloring Books, Silly String & 20 Kids

That was what I had in order to direct a video announcement for my church. On August, 18, 2007, Providence Road Church of Christ, along with the Gateway YMCA are sponsoring a Book Bash. The Book Bash is an event where kids who cannot afford school supplies will come to the Gateway YMCA where they will receive a book bag and supplies for the upcoming school year.

In an effort to get the message out that volunteers are needed to work the event as well as to donate items, we created a video announcement using kids from the congregation. The idea for the announcement was to have a group of "bored" kids decide to "bash" each other with books. The kids were great at making chaos happen. I provided them with coloring books and silly string and they all spontaneously went nuts. Then the children's minister came on the scene to find out what was going on and then proceeded to explain what the Book Bash was all about. They all did a great job and the filming on the announcement was a success (and very funny to watch). The children's minister did a fantastic job of getting the kids to do what we needed.

I am excited to see the finish product and am happy that we were able to utilize kids in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...