Thursday, July 12, 2007

Daniel's Latest Accident

Thankfully this is nothing major (like the chainsaw accident) and it isn't costing us anything (like having to buy another car after he totaled the Altima, or his weekend in the hospital for the chainsaw incident or numerous visits to the doc for stuff in Daniel's eyes). However it did leave his bike unrideable and I had to go pick him up last night.

Here is the account (based on what he told me):


First of all, Daniel is fine. He was going around a turn and his rear tire slid out from under him - he managed to stay on the bike through the turn, aim it at the sidewalk and dismount over the handle bars into the grass. The rear wheel was really bent up and he could not ride it home. The wheel is unusable now, but thankfully he has a spare. He said that an older woman walking her dog asked him if he was ok and he said he was fine and then she told him that that was the most beautiful accident she had ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...