Sunday, August 19, 2007

What's That Burning Smell?

Today Daniel was working on some finishing touches to drywall in our guest bedroom. At one point he yelled asking me what had fallen and I said nothing and that I had not heard any noise. So he continued working.

About an hour later, he stopped and we ate lunch and he took a break to read outside. When he came back in he asked me, "What is that burning smell?" Up until that point I had not noticed anything so I said that I wasn't sure. He went back to the guest bedroom and didn't notice anything amiss and turned off our air purifier machine since that was the only thing on in the room - thinking that there must be something wrong with the motor.


He had finished the drywall sanding, so I went in to vacuum up all of the dust. As I worked around the room, I noticed that the burning smell was still strong. I had to move a lamp that was in my way and when I moved it I noticed a piece of wood had fallen into the top of the lamp and was burning - not a fire (yet) but there was a significant area of black charred into the wood.


I called Daniel into the room and we agreed that the loud noise he had heard was the wood falling from the top of the closet into the lamp but it went undiscovered. Thankfully I found it because it would have eventually started a fire, which would have been a HUGE disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...