Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Be With Me, Lord

This one of my favorite hymns
(words by T.O. Chisholm, (c) 1963 by L.O. Sanderson):

Be with me, Lord--I cannot live without Thee,

I dare not try to take one step alone,
I cannot bear the loads of life unaided,
I need Thy strength to lean myself upon.

Be with me, Lord, and then if dangers threaten,

If storms of trial burst above my head,
If lashing seas leap everywhere about me,
They cannot harm, or make my heart afraid.

Be with me, Lord! No other gift or blessing

Thou couldst bestow could with this one compare--
A constant sense of Thy abiding presence,
Where e'er I am, to feel that Thou art near.

Be with me, Lord, when lonliness o'er takes me,

When I must weep amid the fires of pain,
And when shall come the hour of my departure
For worlds unknown, O Lord, be with me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...