Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Chasing the Recycling Truck

This morning we slept in so I was up trying to help Daniel get out the door when I heard the rumble of a truck go by. My first thought was "Crap... It is Tuesday which means Garbage/Recycling Day and we didn't take anything to the curb yet."

I opened the door to see where the truck was. It was the recycling truck and it had just passed our house. I contemplated what to do and here is what happened:


1) I considered running down the road with our recycling bin in the hopes that they would take it.

2) I look across the street and notice that they haven't picked up on the other side of the street.
3) I see the truck turning around at the cul-de-sac down the road and coming back down the other side of the street.
4) I grab the recycling bin, run across the street and sit it next to the neighbor's bin that is completely full of beer cans.
5) The truck made the pick up and moved on and I crossed the street again to reclaim our recycling bin from the neighbors yard.

Mission accomplished. I really couldn't afford to miss that pick up b/c we fill our recycling bin to above capacity every week and I really need to go get a second bin to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...