Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tradition: Saturday Morning Breakfast

We have company this weekend and I am waiting for everyone to get out of bed. As I sit here writing, I can smell the fresh blueberry muffins that are sitting on the counter as well as the smell of fresh coffee. I hope they all get up soon... these smells are making me hungry.

While I am sitting here, one of my friends wrote on my wall saying that he was eating chocolate chip muffins for breakfast this morning and that his wife has made chocolate chip muffins every Saturday morning for the past 7 or 8 years. That reminded me of growing up and my own family's Saturday morning breakfast tradition.


Every Saturday, my Mom and Dad would be in the kitchen making breakfast long before me and my sister and brother woke up. We always got up and had waffles or pancakes as a family. I believe that my Dad did the Saturday morning breakfast cooking, but I know that the two of them were always in the kitchen together on Saturday's getting ready for the day.


Those are precious memories - waking up to breakfast smells and then spending my first awake moments on Saturdays with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...