Friday, January 11, 2008

Parts Car

The other day I heard on the radio a woman talking about how her husband had purchased a parts car to fix another car that they owned. Then he sold the "other car" and still had the parts car. So now he was considering buying another parts car to fix the original parts car so that he could drive the original parts car.

Whew - that was a bit confusing. Anyways, I can relate to this woman because we have a parts car sitting in our driveway (behind the house). It is Daniel's original Altima that got totaled a little over a year ago. We bought a newer Altima and kept the old one for parts.


Originally the goal had been for Daniel to strip the old Altima and store all of the parts in the garage, but alas, the house renovation has been too consuming so the vehicle sits intact behind the house, ready for the day parts will be pulled from it and put to good use.


I can't complain too much though, our newer Altima has already been blessed by some of the parts from the old one, saving us quite a bit of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...