Thursday, January 17, 2008

Random Thoughts for Thursday

Most mornings, I spend time sitting outside on our deck in the sunshine with my laptop. Even if it is cold out, I bundle up and enjoy the sunshine. Today there is wet snow everywhere and no sunshine so there will be no deck sitting today...
I am really enjoying teaching my classes. They are small and most of the students genuinely seem to want to be there and have tons of questions for me. The one thing I am struggling with is this: I have been working from home for a year now and for the past several months have been looking for full time work again which has proved to be difficult. So there is this part of me that feels guilty for teaching these students subjects that may or may not help them to find jobs. I have a 4 year degree with over 5 years experience and I am struggling to find work. I have no idea how a 2 year degree from a community college is going to provide them with work in a competitive market...

The Pathfinder has a lot of rust on it - we were aware of that when we bought in NYC almost 4 years ago. It was cheap and has served us well. The rust seems to be getting worse, so we are seriously considering selling it and getting another vehicle... Financially this is a terrible time to have to do this, I really need to find a full time job...

My Thursday aerobics class has been a lot of fun. We are doing step aerobics with a partner. You can click on these links to get an idea of what it is like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeeQpwlGoRU
http://revver.com/video/353252/lethal-leslie-stepjunkie/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...