Friday, January 25, 2008

When it rains it pours.

Several weeks ago I had begun to pray for rain for this region of the country and also that God would rain down his blessings on me in regards to finding a job.

Yesterday I was speaking with different people about all the things that have happened to me this week regarding jobs and potential offers and several people made the comment
when it rains, it pours. Normally this statement would have a negative connotation, but in this instance it was truly a blessing.

After much prayer and waiting, God has rained on me in the form of a job with Enventys. I received the call at 5:00 tonight and I will be starting on Monday.


As you may remember, everything was put on hold while Enventys tried to figure out if they could negotiate with me directly and circumvent a contract I had with a creative staffing firm. After much waiting, everything has worked out and I am so very blessed.


This past Wednesday I actually received an offer for a company in Lake Norman. They needed someone immediately and out of fear of not receiving any other offers I said yes. So yesterday I commuted one hour each way and came home with a serious headache and desire for something better.


I had told them that I could not work today or Monday since my sister is visiting for the weekend. So once I let them know that I will not be returning, I am clear to start the job that I truly desired.


Thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement during the last five weeks while I waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...