Sunday, March 02, 2008

Domestic Engineer

Today Daniel informed me that his new title should be domestic engineer.

I have to take a moment to brag on my wonderful husband. He truly is picking up the slack in the domestic arena of our home. Working two jobs has left me almost completely useless for much beyond getting my work outside of the house done. Daniel has washed laundry, cooked meals, done the dishes and even chauffeured me to my teaching job (granted he was meeting a friend for the evening).


He has truly made this transition a little more bearable for both of us. Much of the slack he has picked up has been out of necessity - we would have no clean clothes to wear or food to eat if he was not pitching in. But he has done it all without grumbling or complaining.


Most mornings, he makes sure that I have coffee to take with me for the commute and whenever we carpool, he drives to help alleviate my long hours. I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband. He has even offered to help me grade tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...