Sunday, March 30, 2008

Odds and Ends

So I haven't written in a while... not much time, but what else is new? We are slowly continuing to make progress on the house. This weekend, Daniel cleaned the gutters... it is amazing what new uses we can find for our large shopvac - I will post pics later.

The shower floor has now been leveled and the framing is almost done - including an inset for bottles and shower stuff as well as a corner bench. It feels good to make progress of any kind.


This past week, Daniel and I spent some time doing things we enjoy: On Tuesday night, I skipped out on preparing for my Wednesday class so that we could go to the movies - it felt great to do something besides work and I still managed to get my stuff done for class.


Then Thursday night and Saturday night, we stayed up watching 2 discs of season 3 of 24... this meant close to 8 hours in front of the TV, but I don't feel bad... we rarely watch TV anymore so it was kind of a treat.


Thursday was the last day of a co-worker of mine. We celebrated by cooking chocolate chips pancakes on a griddle in the office for breakfast. Following this was lunch at a local bowling alley where I proved just how terrible I am at bowling (Wii and real life). It was a nice way to send someone off. Our creative director even got us matching bowling shirts with our names embroidered on it. I know that the person leaving will be missed, but from experience, sometimes you just have to move on... even if you love your co-workers and your job. Personally I think we are blessed to live in a time and place where it is ok to venture out and try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...