Saturday, June 07, 2008

Do you suck the heads?

We just got back from spending the afternoon at a crawfish boil. It was a lot of fun, although spending a Saturday afternoon outside when it feels like 100 degrees and eating Cajun-spiced crawfish had us all sweating profusely. Thankfully there were a lot of cold drinks to keep us cool (the hurricanes were especially good).

The big question of the day was whether or not to suck the heads. I personally have a hard time putting something that looks like an over-sized insect in my mouth, but Daniel tried it.


80 pounds of crawfish (crayfish, crawdaddies, mud bugs, whatever you wanna call them) were flown in live from New Orleans on Thursday. Then today, they were boiled in a massive pot, along with lots of cajun spices, potatoes, sausage, onions, garlic, mushrooms... the works.


I think that the 30 of us only managed to eat about a third of all of the food. So, do you suck the heads when eating crawfish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...