Friday, July 18, 2008

Long, Short Week

This week was a long week since I crammed 51 hours into four days. It is a short week because my boss gave me and my co-workers today off.

It was a pretty crazy week, but it definitely could have been worse (some of my co-workers worked more than 60 hours in four days, so I shouldn't complain too much). Also, we were all in it together, which made it more bearable.


For me, the culmination of the week was Wednesday night, when there were six of us in the building until midnight and four of us until 3am. One guy was there later than that.


So, what were we doing that caused the late night craziness?


Well, at the beginning of the week, we were cranking out package design for a sales pitch to Lowes (Wednesday meeting) and WalMart (Thursday meeting). As my boss says, we crammed 6 weeks of work into about 10 days - the whole shebang included naming the products, creating logos and developing package design.


The name of the game was to
crap it out in order to meet the deadlines - we will perfect designs later. Note that I definitely had the lightest workload compared to my co-workers.

The second part of the week's craziness involved creating a brand/theme for a new bar/restaurant that is going to open in Third Ward. The name of the bar is LOCAL. We created four distinct brands to pitch to the client. This involved creating mood boards for the feel of the restaurant, logo, signage, direction for artwork that would support the themes, t-shirt designs, coasters, napkins, etc. etc. etc.


Needless to say, Wednesday became a very long day. I was at the Enventys building for close to 19 hours without leaving.


Yesterday's pitch to the client went well and our boss rewarded our hard work by giving us Friday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...