Sunday, November 09, 2008

Coupon Clippers and the Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich

First of all, I am going to take a moment to vent about coupon clippers. These are the people that spend time finding coupons to save money and then make the wait in line incredibly longer than it would normally be. I know, I know, I have friends who live by their coupons and I grew up in a household where my mom notoriously kept up with the papers - especially since WalMart will match anything. Anyways, I ALWAYS seem to get stuck in a line where someone has not one, but tons of coupons. It is very aggravating - especially today when the checker didn't quite know how to do it correctly. I think that in addition to Express Lanes, grocery stores should have COUPON Lanes for those who use multiple coupons. This way people who do not use coupons do not have to get stuck in a line behind a coupon clipper. I know people save a great deal of money using coupons... personally I am able to consistently spend about $75 for a week's worth of food and I am good with that.

On to the perfect grilled cheese - I normally make grilled cheese sandwiches on Sundays. This allows us to work on our house for most of the day without having to stop to eat a big meal or go somewhere. Today Daniel told me that my grilled cheese making has reached perfection. I start with two pieces of whole grain bread, partially melt the butter so it spreads evenly. I heat my pan until it is really hot, spray it with cooking spray and then turn it down to medium. I place the buttered bread with 2 slices of cheese on it and five minutes later, we have delicious grilled cheese sandwiches...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...