Friday, November 14, 2008

Reminiscing

Daniel and I have been (finally) going through the unpacked boxes in our basement ... it has been three years. Anyways, I came across all of these old journals of mine and they have been cracking me up. I know that I have always kept journals, I just didn't realize that I have been doing this since I could write (or at least it seems that way). I think I will start sharing excerpts of this stuff in future notes (my mom and nana will appreciate it, for the rest of you, you can read and laugh at me or just skip).

First funny excerpt from when I was in high school:

We were playing Taboo at a girl's night out and Angela got the word "virgin." She couldn't say sex or intercourse so she said "intersession" - which was hysterical.

Mom has just informed me that I have to clean my room tonight or I can't go to basketball practice tomorrow. I can just see her writing Coach Carpenter a note saying: Please excuse Cheree from practice, she didn't clean her room so I am making her sleep in and skip practice!


Another random, funny thing to share from when I was in college. This was right after Daniel and I met and our friends where really pressuring us to hook up. I came back to my dorm one day and found that Amanda, Jenn and maybe Lisa and Julie had come up with this goofy poem that they printed out and hung on the curtains above my bed. I will try to scan the actual documents and post them later. Anyways, I guess you could say that this was pivotal in getting me to date Daniel. For some reason he had never seen these infamous notes before tonight...


Note 1 on hot pink paper:

So... what do you think about Daniel?...

Note 2 on bright yellow paper:

He's adventurous
He plays outside a whole lot
He caves
He rapels
He talks about more than the Simpsons
He's spontaneous
He's athletic
He's sweet, but not too clingy
He's a smart boy
You can have an intellectual conversation
You can keep your individuality
You can be yourself ... think ... FREE CHEREE (inside joke)
.....
You will finally get your non ATE boy
You can take him home to your parents
You can find out exactly what you think this weekend when we go skating...
Just think YOU ~ DANIEL ~ the couples skate...

Need we say more???


Third note on bright blue paper:

He's a Hottie!!!!
And a cutie.
HE'S sexy,
And he's sweet!
Come on Cheree,
and get that MEAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...