Friday, January 09, 2009

Interviewing

Over the past couple of weeks I have been interviewing potential candidates for intern positions within my department. Mostly I enjoy this job. I find it interesting to meet new people and see how prepared they are and to answer questions and make them feel comfortable about the interview process.

Today I had my first experience of having to tell a candidate no. Actually I did not officially tell her no yet - I copped out and said that we were still interviewing potential candidates and I would let her know next week. This is all true, but I am 95% sure we are not going to hire her. I am the type of person that really wants to see people succeed so it is hard to turn someone away, even though I know they won't be a good fit.


I have a couple more interviews and hope that we can make a decision sometime next week... we have been crazy busy and it will be a huge relief to have someone come in to help shoulder the workload.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...