Sunday, January 04, 2009

Unpacking... kind of...

Daniel and I have been in our house for over three years and through our whole renovation process we have managed to use the basement as storage for all of the boxes we have yet to unpack. A part of me feels like we should toss them all since we obviously have not needed them in the past three years but another part of me is glad we haven't tossed them because we are finding all sorts of forgotten things.

So why are we moving and unpacking boxes after three years? Well we are trying to get the house finished and the basement is one of the last big projects. The bathrooms remain top of the list of big projects, but since they must be done in stages we figured we could go ahead with the basement.


We have spent the last couple of days sorting through old boxes, unpacking some and making a massive Goodwill pile. A good percentage of the things in the basement have been transferred upstairs. We don't really have room for this stuff upstairs so this process is a little overwhelming. Now every finished room seems to be overflowing with boxes and stuff... where did it all come from? I will be glad when the basement floors are finished and we can truly unpack and move everything back downstairs.


On a happy note I found my food processor... I almost bought a new one at the store last week, glad I didn't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...