Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Snow


I have a confession. I am half-Canadian and I am not crazy about long periods of snow. Chalk it up to living in the south for the past 16 years, but I am content with having just a little snow here and there.

I don't think I could ever go back to the full-blown, make your Halloween costume fit over your snow suit kind of snow. Or the walk to school in the snow, regardless of how cold it is or how much snow is on the ground. When my mom was a kid they were actually required to play outside unless the thermometer hit colder than -40 degrees.


Sunday night we had a little snow storm blow through. It was fantastic to get out and take a walk in the dark with the big snow flakes falling all around. Our neighbors kids were up taking advantage of their one day of good sledding. It was nice while it lasted.


But it is March and I am over it. I want the bitter cold to go away. I want the sun to come out. I want the trees to start budding. I want spring.


I know that I shouldn't be complaining as I have friends and family that deal with much worse weather, for a much bigger portion of the year (we have had 3 days of snow this season and that seems like a lot). Anyways, I enjoyed our little storm, but I am looking forward to spring and lunches outside and the warmth of the sun beating down on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...