Thursday, June 11, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 10

Workout(s):
6:45 AM Walked the dog on the Greenway: 1.5 miles. We saw a deer. Earlier this week we actually saw three deer. We have decided that Sophie is more guided by her smell than she is her sight because she didn't seem to notice the deer.

5:30 PM:
60 minute cardio/resistance workout. Today was the first day we finished the workout and my response was "That was it?" The trainer has lightened the workout somewhat (due to participants complaining... to be clear, I have not complained). I can chalk up my extra energy to a "lighter workout" or I can pretend it is because I am getting in shape. In truth it is a combination of the two. I am feeling good and have no soreness or stiffness. My energy throughout the day has definitely improved and I feel good about the menus I have been creating for myself.

Meals For Today:

Breakfast: Half serving of Eggs Baked in Tomatoes and Red Peppers (from Eat, Cheat & Melt the Fat Away), Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack: Strawberries and Pecans
Lunch: Craisin-Turkey-Apple-Almond Salad with Feta (from The Abs Diet for Women)
Snack: String Cheese, Pretzels and Sugar Snap Peas
Dinner: Broiled Salmon with a Peppercorn-Lime Rub and Brown Rice with Zucchini and Red Peppers
Total Water: 120 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1493

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...