Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 16

Workout(s):
Had a doctor's appointment this morning, so I skipped out on walking Sophie. Instead I dropped Daniel and Sophie off at the Greenway on my way to the doctor. My doctor was not concerned about my knee pain (at this point). She thinks the pain is from overuse. She told me to listen to my body and continue to use ice post workout.

5:30 PM:
60 minute workout following the 10-20-20-10 routine again. Each day has become easier. My knees didn't hurt tonight, so that is a good thing. I am feeling stronger and definitely have more energy during the actual workout.

Meals For Today:

Breakfast:
Bran Muffin (mom's recipe) and Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack:
Cherries and Cranberry-Orange Multi-Grain Snack Mix
Lunch:
Leftover Spinach Pasta Salad
Snack:
Hummus with Pita Chips and a Banana
Dinner:
Penne with Chicken and Asparagus
Total Water:
88 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count:
1944

Daniel offered to do fast food tonight because we were both feeling tired, but I decided that cooking doesn't take that long and it wouldn't be worth it because 1) we already have spent the money on groceries, 2) I do feel worse when I eat out and 3) we will be travelling all weekend and eating out plenty. So no Chick-fil-a or Dominos Pizza as a middle of the week pick-me-up for the Moore household.
 
 
Calories are high tonight because of the Spinach Pasta Salad - it is full of the good fats such as olive oil and olive. I don't feel too bad since those are considered healthy fats. Most days have been aiming at the 1400-1700 calorie mark and have done pretty good (over all) with this goal. I have continued to struggle with getting my proteins to be 30% of my diet and fat at 20% (they have been the other way around). Today I checked out the book Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook from the library. I am hoping it will give me some incite into getting my fat and protein portions corrected.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...