Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 2

Workout(s):
7:00 AM: Got up to walk the dog - 1 mile on the Greenway.

5:30 PM:
60-minute workout was much better today. It made a huge difference that the temperature in the studio was cooler and they brought in 2 ginormous box fans. I increased my caloric intake and felt a lot better - no bonking today. During the day I did not experience soreness, but definitely had some stiffness in my legs. Have to wait to see how I feel tomorrow, but so far I am feeling really good.

Meals For Today:

Breakfast: Eggs Baked in Tomatoes and Red Peppers (from Eat, Cheat & Melt the Fat Away) and Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack: Bran Muffin (mom's recipe) and blueberries
Lunch: Craisin-Turkey-Walnut-Apple-Feta Salad (from the Abs Diet for Women)
Snack: Hickory-smoked tuna with 5 reduced-fat Ritz crackers, 6 baby carrots
Dinner: Spinach, Tomato and Sausage Pasta Toss
Snack: Pudding with Strawberries and low-fat Graham Crackers
Total Water: 120 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1751

The trainer told me to try to eat approximately 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat. I am good on the carbs, but need to work on swapping my percentage of protein and fat intake.


I have been comparing three different nutrition/fitness sites to see which I like best. I have been using
Calorie Count for several years and I really like the ability to analyze my recipes and search for just about any type of food. Anything you can't find, you can add calorie information manually. Its overall functionality is good and I like the charts.

Back in November I checked out
SparkPeople to see if it was any better. I like how it organizes the Nutrition information and how it includes cholesterol intake (this is important to me because I have high cholesterol). The breakdown on charts for food is amazing on this site. Unfortunately, the food search option is nothing compared to Calorie Count.

Today I checked out
FitDay, the site recommended by the trainer. Its fitness charting is better than the other two sites. I love all of the charts on this site, however Calorie Count is far superior in its ability to search for/input foods you are eating and analyze recipes.

I wish there was a site that incorporated the food searching capabilities of Calorie Count, the cholesterol overview and nutrition graphing of SparkPeople and the fitness graphs and charts of FitDay. A girl can wish...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...