Thursday, June 04, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 3

Workout(s):
6:45 AM: Got up to walk the dog - 2 miles on the Greenway.

5:30 PM:
45-minute workout was good. Still suffering stiffness in my quads. Took a cold bath tonight to help relieve the stiffness. Feeling good. Wish that my face didn't turn bright red when I work out, but this has been my lot in life and there is nothing I can do to fix it...

Meals For Today:

Breakfast: Berry Blast Smoothie and Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack: Bran Muffin (mom's recipe) and blueberries
Lunch: Leftover Penne with Chicken and Asparagus and 1 String Cheese
Snack: Tuna on 1 slice of Wheat Bread, Sugar Snap Peas
Dinner: I had planned for Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas but realized I didn't have corn on hand, so instead I raided the fridge and cupboards and did my own version of a homemade tuna casserole, loosely basing it on this Homestyle Tuna CasseroleHomemade Mac & Cheese recipe. I substituted whole-wheat rotinini pasta for elbow macaroni and left the cream of celery soup out of the casserole.
Total Water: 96 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1900

Caloric intake is a bit higher that I wanted, but what can you do when you have to create a meal from nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...