Friday, June 05, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 4

Workout(s):
6:45 AM:
Got up to walk the dog - 1.5 miles on the Greenway in the pouring rain.

5:30 PM:
Post-60-minute workout and feeling great. Took a cold bath after last night's workout and didn't experience any stiffness today. The cardio parts are the toughest on me. I love the resistance and the balance board. There were 4 handles on my piece of equipment today (instead of 2). I had been thinking it would be a good idea to have easy access to 2 separate bands when doing the circuit training that we are currently doing. The 4 handles allowed me to use the higher-resistance red bands whenever we worked a stronger muscle or the lower-resistance yellow band handles when we worked a weaker muscle. When you are doing 30 second intervals, it is impossible, to stop and unclip/clip handles to change your resistance. The extra handles allowed me to get a better workout.

Meals For Today:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal and Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack:
Bran Muffin (mom's recipe) and blueberries
Lunch:
Leftover Homestyle Tuna Casserole
Snack:
Baby Carrots, String Cheese and Pretzels
Dinner:
It's Friday night, don't judge me... Chipotle Fajita Chicken Burrito (no sour cream, no guac) and a Mr. Pibb
Total Water:
96 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count:
2383

I believe in having a weekly cheat meal (and I am a firm believer in not cooking on Friday nights, I need a break). I will try hard not to make it into a "cheat weekend."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...