Saturday, June 06, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 5

Workout:
10:00 AM: This morning we got up early and headed to South Mountain State Park to go hiking. We took Sophie and hiked a total of 4 miles. We had a good aerobic section that was 20 minutes of climbing stairs. This was also a good leg work out. It was our first time to take Sophie hiking and she did great. At the beginning we had her on the Gentle Leader to keep her from pulling too hard on the leash and also to help her around other people and dogs. For the technical parts, we put our retracting leash on her harness so that she could go at her own pace and we didn't have to worry about her falling. We coaxed her across a 50-ft river crossing - this was a huge accomplishment as she has shown signs of fear at crossing running water. We also came across 3 separate groups of horses (a total of 7 horses). This was by far our biggest challenge with her. She was simultaneously petrified and protective of us. One of the guys on a horse asked if she was a "bear dog," I told him that she only thought she was. The waterfalls were beautiful and it was the perfect day for a hike.

I got off the band wagon (a little) regarding my food intake. This is Daniel's fault. We stopped at a Sonic on the way home and he really wanted to split an order of Ched-R-Peppers. How could I resist? We don't live near a Sonic. Then tonight we headed out to a movie and he really wanted to stop and split a small blizzard at Dairy Queen. It has been a long time since we have gone to DQ, so I gave in. I promise I will be better the rest of the weekend.


Meals For Today:

Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios and Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack: Half a Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip PowerBar
Lunch: Tuna, Multigrain Crackers and Pretzels
Snack: Split an order of Ched-R-Peppers and a Cherry Limeade Slush from Sonic
Dinner: Leftover Tuna Casserole
Snack: Split a small Brownie Batter Blizzard from DQ
Total Water: 32 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1942

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...