Sunday, June 21, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Days 18, 19, 20 & 21

Travel Weekend makes for poor eating and little exercise...

Friday Workout(s):

Skipped due to traveling.

Friday Meals:

Breakfast: Bran Muffin (mom's recipe) and Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack: Cherries
Lunch: Leftover Supreme Veggie Pizza with Mozzarella and Feta
Snack: Homemade Hummus with Pita Chips and an Orange
Dinner: Chicken Selects from McDonald's
Total Water: 50 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1931

I have a hard time drinking enough water on weekends and/or when traveling. This weekend has been no exception. Food on Friday was not too bad, even with a quick stop at Mickey D's.


Saturday Workout(s):

2:30 PM: Tread water at the pool for 20 minutes. I always forget how hot/humid it is in Tennessee. I showed my family the Workout 180. But got derailed from actually doing the workout. Who wants to work out when there is a 2-week-old you could be holding?

Saturday Meals:

Breakfast: We spent Friday night in Nashville at Daniel's Grandmothers. She got up and made us a 6 o'clock breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits with gravy, fruit and coffee with cream and sugar. I sampled everything and didn't overeat. It was really good.
Snack: Tall Iced Coffee with Milk and Vanilla from Starbucks
Lunch: Turkey sandwiches, Chips and Dr. Pepper
Dinner: Homemade mashed potatoes with gravy, carrots, baked chicken and a salad with a little ranch dressing
Total Water: 32 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 2619

Ate fairly well for being on the road, just high calories and no real workout to offset it. Feeling lethargic - possibly due to traveling or the heat and humidity.


Sunday Workout(s):

Excuses. Excuses... Skipped - too hot and too humid and I am too tired and too dehydrated.

Sunday Meals:

Breakfast: Two glazed donuts and a coffee with cream and sugar
Lunch: Chef Salad with chips
Dinner: Hot dog and potato salad
Snack: Made my dad a Banana, Strawberry and Vanilla Pudding Pie for Father's Day
Total Water: 32 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 2264

Should have skipped the donuts, or at least limited myself to one. For being a travel weekend, I don't think I have ate that terribly. Should have made time for exercising, but have been out of sorts due to the hotter weather and just plain tired for travelling and staying up late/getting up early. Have had a good visit. We miss Sophie - hope she did ok at the Animal Hospital she has been boarding at here in Memphis. Have had a great visit with my family. Nice to be with Dad on Father's Day. My niece is adorable. Glad to have this time with her.


Monday Workout(s):

7:30 AM: Picked up Sophie from the Animal Hospital and took her to walk 2 miles at Shelby Farms. Sophie loved it. Tics loved Sophie. I did not love the humidity/heat in the early morning.

Monday Meals:

Breakfast: One of mom's Homemade Banana Muffins and a glass of Milk, one serving of leftover Strawberry, Banana, Pudding Pie.
Lunch: Steak and Feta Salad at Demos in Lebanon with Water and Dr. Pepper
Snack: Half a Twix
Dinner: Quarter Pounder with no cheese from McDonalds, half a Small French Fries and a large Sweet Tea
Total Water: 16 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 2148

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...