Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Love You Moore than the Details

Things are shaping up. We found out {last week} that Daniel passed his background check. They called me to verify that his unemployment record. They asked questions like "Did I know Daniel" and "When was the last time I had spoken to him?" As his wife, I certainly know him and I had spoken to him that morning.

Tomorrow he heads to Huntsville, AL for a quick overnight trip to get a medical screening and a psych evaluation at the Browns Ferry plant. As long as all goes well, he should be in the clear and officially ready to start on February 1st.

We are working hard to get the house wrapped up and on the market asap. For the very first time, we payed a friend to help us with a project. We decided to tear out the carpet on the stairs and install wooden treads that would be stained to match our pergo.

We {finally} got lucky on a project... we thought we were going to have to rip out all of the trim and stairs and replace them. When Daniel pulled up the {nasty} carpet, he realized that the treads were actually in good shape and could be repurposed. 

Korey helped us out by sanding and staining the treads. We will finish up the project by sealing the treads with poly {3x} and then installing a white laminate on the risers. This project should be wrapped up by Friday. 

For now, we get to deal with 1) the strong smell of stain and 2) having to walk around, outside to get to the basement {our TV room}. It's a hassle, but the stairs look great. I will post some pics when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...