Monday, March 29, 2010

Showing the House

You know that feeling you get when your in-laws or parents come to visit your new place for the FIRST TIME? You feel {or at least I feel} the need to make sure your house is pristine. You stay up late, the day before they arrive. You clean your whole house better than you have ever cleaned it. You get stressed out and find yourself griping at your husband for tracking dirt into the house {maybe I'm projecting} and then the day comes and everything goes smoothly {well, maybe not always} and you relax and {hopefully} enjoy your visit...

Well, having your house for sale is like that. Except, you have to keep it pristine ALL OF THE TIME. And instead of family, it is strangers that are coming in to judge the cleanliness {and decor} of your home. And whether or not they like it, determines whether they will make you an offer. And you are stressed because your dog won't quit shedding or tracking mud into the house. And to top it all off, a light bulb in the hallway went out and you are having trouble changing it AND the spring rains are driving these huge carpenter ants inside and you keep finding them and it is totally stressing you out {maybe I'm the only one with this problem}.

On a happy note, we had several showings over the weekend... it was much easier when I wasn't in town to stress about whether or not my house was clean enough {well, maybe I stressed a little}.

However, having a Monday afternoon showing after traveling all weekend has proven to be a pain. I had to run home at lunch today and throw all of my unpacked luggage in a closet and hide things {like my laptop} that I had left out. And I had to coordinate with a friend to come take Sophie while the house was being viewed. I will be so thankful when all of this is OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...