Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Project 52: Date Nights - Laughter

Sometimes you just have to laugh. At life. At love. At the way things don't work out. At the ways they do. At normal, everyday things...

Our dog, Sophie, is a beagle mix. She hates to take a bath, but she will grudgingly stand in place while we {normally Daniel} bathes her. This is what happens very single time after we dry her off: she will jump out of the tub, and run through the entire house, rubbing up on all of the furniture and walls. She will stop periodically to shake her entire body from head to tail. It is a very comical routine. Daniel has dubbed it the Wet Beagle Dance.

Saturday night, on our date, we went to Block Buster to pick up a movie {incidentally our normal BB location was closed - RedBox and Netflix must have tipped the scale}. While out, we were in the parking lot of Walmart and out of the blue Daniel says, "Do the Wet Beagle" and he starts shaking his whole body. This is totally out of character for him and I lost it. I was laughing. so. hard.

Our weekends continue to be marathon date weekends. I am looking forward to living in the same state so we can laugh together every day and not just on the weekends.

2 comments:

  1. awww. funny about the wet beagle dance. i think my 1 year old does that same dance after her baths too. thanks for sharing your date. how's the house selling going? any takers yet?
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had one offer last Wed, but is was $30K less than our asking price. We counter offered and they walked away - I guess they were looking for a steal :(

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...