Monday, April 26, 2010

Insult

Today I had a noon showing followed by a response from the realtor indicating that the buyer loved the house and is considering making an offer. I called our realtor to find out more. Evidently the buyer's realtor called our realtor to say they loved the house BUT that she {the buyer's realtor} believed our house was overpriced by $50K. I feel insulted. Actually, whatever is worse than an insult, that is how I feel.

We did our research beforehand and based on what has sold recently and what is currently on the market (not including firesales or dumps) we are currently priced BELOW market value. On top of that we are fully renovated. If their buyer wants to spend $129K in South Charlotte - GOOD LUCK finding a comparable {updated} 30-year-old home in a SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD. If they come with a real offer, we will gladly consider it, but seriously. A fully renovated home? And you want to pay us close to what we paid for it 4.5 years ago BEFORE we renovated? I don't think so.

Besides we have had 20 showings – several of which are have expressed serious interest and not one single buyer has indicated that we are asking too much. Maybe we are {asking too much} and thus have not had any offers yet, but COME ON. Please don't insult my {or my husband's or my realtor's} intelligence.


2 comments:

  1. They will be in for a shock later, don't let them get to you. I'm sure its just someone really pushing their luck or they are completely clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure things will work out. I am just really stressed right now.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...