Sunday, April 11, 2010

Keys

I think I could write an entire book dedicated to instances of lost or missing keys. And they would all be completely different circumstances. This is one of those stories...

Our house went on the market 2.5 weeks ago. The first weekend it would be on the market, I was going to be in Atlanta hanging out with Daniel at a wedding. As I was scrambling to tie up loose ends on the house {and anxiously get on the road}, I noticed that all of our spare keys were hanging in plain sight on hooks behind our front door.

This is great for when Daniel and I {and our friends and family} are the only ones entering the house. However, knowing there might be strangers viewing our home while I was away, I decided to throw the keys in my purse for safe keeping.

When I arrived in Atlanta I informed Daniel about the keys. He thought it was a good idea to hide the keys but thought I should hide them somewhere INSIDE the house.

Fast forward to this weekend. Last night I was helping move both of our vehicles around so that Daniel could do oil changes. For some reason I placed the Subaru keys in my purse instead of on the hook behind the door. I didn't think anything of this at the time.

The Altima keys were on the hook and we used them to go drive the Altima to church and out for breakfast at the Original Pancake House. After breakfast, we went home and said our goodbyes and then I had to run to work to help on a big project that is deadlining this week.

I had been at work for less than 15 minutes when Daniel called. He wanted to know where the Subaru keys were. For the life of me, I could no think of where they could be. He asked me to check in my purse and I had a sinking feeling... sure enough. The keys were in my purse. Then he asked where the spare keys were... unfortunately there were STILL in my purse.

Daniel: Let me get this straight, every key we own to EVERY thing we own is in your purse? What happens if your purse got stolen?

Thankfully my purse did not get stolen. But I did have to spend an extra 40 minutes driving home to give Daniel his keys {so that he could drive back to Chattanooga} and then back to work to finish my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...