Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Project 52: Date Nights - Friends

Since our time in Charlotte is {hopefully} dwindling, we are trying to make the effort to hang out with friends and visit some of our favorite local haunts.

Daniel drove into town on Friday and picked me up at work so that we could meet friends, Benjy & Kristin, for dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Concord, NC. Unfortunately for us, something was going on at Lowes Motor Speedway, so we had to deal with traffic. But other than that, it was nice to catch up with B&K.

Saturday night we invited our neighbors over for homemade New York Cheesecake and coffee. I tried this recipe from Smitten Kitchen. I have to be honest, I generally LOVE recipes from Smitten Kitchen, but this one was not my favorite. The taste of eggs was too strong. Without the cherry topping, I don't think I would have liked it at all.{Everyone else seemed to like it, maybe I am just too picky or they are just too polite}.

Sunday I had to work and Daniel drove back to Chattanooga. Still no offer on the house :(

3 comments:

  1. that's too bad you didn't like it, at least it looked very pretty with the cherries on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty dessert. My husband said he liked it. I may give my Nana's homemade cheesecake a shot - it is much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, sorry to hear that you haven't had an offer on the house yet. but nice to catch up with friends. hopefully you'll be together in TN soon! thanks for sharing!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...